About Beverly Public Library
The Beverly Public Library provides services, programs and materials that enrich people’s lives, foster a love of reading and provide access to information. The Library advocates for access to the world of ideas and information unrestricted by fees, censorship, language or barriers to the disabled. The Library was established in 1855 and first operated from rooms in City Hall. In 1913, the Library moved to its current building on Essex Street. The building was designed by architect Cass Gilbert in the Beaux Arts style.