STAR Program (Storefront Adornment and Redesign)
Improve your storefront for FREE! Time to spring up your business! Winter’s over and customers are coming out from hibernation to enjoy the downtown. If you've been thinking about sprucing up your storefront, we can help you! First come, first served until the funds run out!
The STAR program allows us to help you make your storefront look great by reimbursing you for flowers and flags. Now’s the time to add window boxes or a custom flag to your storefront. Funds will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the fund is depleted, the program closes. Act fast!
Each business can apply once every five years but priority will be given to new applicants.
Reimbursement up to $150 maximum for:
- Window Boxes - $75 per box, max 2 (No hanging baskets or planters)
- Custom Flag - $150 max (Get a custom flag! Regular “open” flags are not eligible for reimbursement)
How it works:
- Complete and submit application (available at beverlymainstreets.org)
- Upon approval, purchase your products
- Submit your original receipts to BMS be reimbursed
- Email before and after photos to BMS
- Note maximum reimbursement is $150 per business
- Maintain your property per the guidelines
Download the 2016 StAR Program application here
Email Heather if you have any questions.
Examples of custom flags that are eligible for reimbursement:
Standard “Open” flags are NOT eligible for reimbursement.
The StAR (Storefront Adornment and Redesign) Program is designed to make downtown Beverly sparkle! So far, we've:
- helped business owners purchase window boxes, plants, flags and paint and more
- purchased the white lights that shine in the trees on Cabot Street all year long
- maintained our downtown island as part of the “Beverly in Bloom” island sponsorship program