30 & Main
The 2nd Annual Downtown Dazzle in March 2013 at Chianti celebrated 30 & Main’s accomplishments to date and helped kick off the new year of programs.
See photos on Facebook!
Thank you to our 2013 Downtown Dazzle Sponsors:
The North Shore Meat House
Join 30 & Main on Facebook to learn about upcoming events.
About 30 & Main
We launched the 30 & Main committee as a new initiative last year to be able to identify prospective new leaders for our organization and for the community as a whole. We asked each of our Board members and donors to nominate one person under the age of 40 who lives or works in Beverly and has demonstrated leadership potential. More than 30 people were invited to join the group and they are now working on committees and attending leadership development sessions.
30 & Main is a way to identify the next generation of leaders for BMS and the community, and provide them with the training and networking opportunities needed to be a contributor.
In 2011, membership was by invitation only. We hope to open up membership in the future, so volunteer with BMS so we can get to know you! Below are the criteria for 30 & Main members:
30 & Main has:
- You must be between the ages of 21 and 39
- You must live, work or study in Beverly
- You must have a desire to get involved and make a difference in Beverly
- You must agree to work on at least one BMS event or committee per year
- You must agree to participate in the Leadership Development training activities (not all, but many)
- placed members on the Promotions, Design and Economic Restructuring committees of Beverly Main Streets to help move our ideas for revitalization forward
- helped raise $13,000 at the Bramble in Beverly golf tournament to support the community programs of Beverly Main Streets and Beverly Kiwanis
- hosted “An Evening with the Candidates” to help increase the voter participation by those under 40 and to help all voters make informed decisions in this year’s mayoral election
- launched a Leadership Development Program with 3 components: a Speaker Series, a Mentoring Program and a Board of Directors Program
- hosted Speaker Series events at local establishments where speakers, including nationally recognized attorney Jan Schlichtmann, imparted their wisdom and shared experiences on building community relationships, effectively presenting ideas, and on becoming leaders and community activists